Delaware Orthopaedic Symposium
2018 Info to Come
Symposium Planning Organizations
2017 Supporting Sponsors
9th Annual Delaware Bone Bash
11th Annual Delaware Orthopaedic Symposium
Information Coming soon
Our Next Symposium in October. Dates to come.
The 10th Annual Delaware Orthopaedic Symposium Was an Informative Success!
10th Annual Delaware Orthopaedic Symposium
Saturday, October 28, 2017
John H. Ammon Medical Education Center
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware
7.30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The tenth annual Delaware Orthopaedic Symposium is presented by The Delaware Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (DSOS) and Christiana Care Health System’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and features a robust AGENDA to include two keynote addresses, multiple lectures on the latest advancements in musculoskeletal health and orthopaedic surgery and a live anatomical dissection.
2017 Education Tracks
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Primary Care Orthopaedic Medicine
- Physical Therapy Lower Extremity
2017 Keynote Speakers
- David Jevsevar, M.D., MBA, Chair, Department of Orthopaedics, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Regional Vice-President of Orthopaedics, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Tara M. Ruttley, PhD, Associate Program Scientist, International Space Station (ISS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
- Orthopaedic surgeons, primary care and sports medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals
All education sessions are held in the John H. Ammon Medical Education Center at Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware. Free event parking is available adjacent to the building in Lot C.
Registration is required to attend the symposium. Online Registration closes at 11:30 p.m. on October 24, 2017. Onsite Registration will be limited and subject to space and material availability.
Registration fees cover meeting materials, breakfast and snack. Registration fees are waived for medical students and residents with ID.
October is Musculoskeletal Health Month
Public lecture series on topics related to bone and joint health. 2017 dates and topics are listed below.
- Thursday, October 5, 6 – 7 p.m. – Women’s Bone Health
- Tuesday, October 10, 6 – 7 p.m. – Foot & Ankle
- Thursday, October 12, 6 – 7 p.m. – Hand & Wrist
- Tuesday, October 17, 6 – 7 p.m. – Sports Injuries
- Tuesday, October 24, 6:30 – 8 p.m. – Hip & Knee